Search For Missouri Teaching Jobs
11 Openings Located:Sort By: Job Title | School | Date
• Cassville R-IV | 'Kindergarten Teacher' | 'Early Childhood (B-3)'
-- (revised 11/18/2014)
Full day kindergarten position open beginning January 2015. Valid MO teaching certificate including early childhood certification required.
• Greenfield R-IV | 'Computer Applications Teacher and District Webmaster' | 'Elementary'
-- (revised 11/17/2014)
Greenfield R-IV Schools is currently seeking applications for an Elementary Computer Applications Teacher and District Webmaster. Successful applicants will have appropriate certification, and have experience teaching computer applications in students kindergarten through sixth grade. A stipend paid webmaster position will be included with this job for the right applicant.
• Bolivar R-I | 'K-2 PE Teacher' | 'Early Childhood (B-3)'
-- (posted 11/5/2014)
The Bolivar R-I School District is accepting applications for a K-2 Physical Education Teacher for the 2015-2016 school year. Please see job description at www.bolivarschools.org for qualifications and requirements. The Bolivar R-I School District is a Professional Learning Community serving nearly 2,600 students. Bolivar is located 25 miles north of Springfield in southwest Missouri.
• Southwest R-V | 'Preschool Teacher' | 'Early Childhood (B-3)'
-- (revised 10/23/2014)
The Southwest R-V School District is seeking a Preschool teacher work within its new program, beginning December 1. All applicants must possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Education and an appropriate Early Childhood Missouri Certification. The candidate must have great communication skills, the ability to actively engage students in the learning process and utilize data to inform instruction. Southwest R-V is located in the town of Washburn, Missouri. We are located approximately 70 miles from Springfield or Joplin but only 25 miles from Rogers, Arkansas. Roaring River State Park is 10 miles from the district.
• Joplin Schools | 'Elementary Teacher' | 'Elementary Education (1-6)'
-- (posted 10/23/2014)
Joplin Schools are looking for a highly qualified Elementary Teacher. Teachers are responsible for providing direct instruction to students and maintaining an environment conducive to learning
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Neosho R-V | 'ESL Teacher' | 'Elementary'
-- (posted 10/13/2014)
The Neosho R-5 School District is searching for an ESL Teacher for the remainder of the 2014/2015 school year.
Interested applicants should be certified in the state of Missouri.
Purpose of the Job: To promote and facilitate addressing secondary English Language Learner (ELL) educational needs—social, emotional, academic and linguistic, so that they are able to be successful in attaining a high school diploma.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (includes the following, though other duties may be assigned):
1. Assists secondary English Language Learners (ELLs) in developing their academic language proficiency skills in Speaking, Writing, Interaction, Reading and Listening.
· Develops appropriate lesson plans.
· Assigns appropriate lessons and homework with timely feedback.
· Instructs students through modeling, guided practice & free practice, while providing appropriate language supports for comprehensible input and achievable student output.
· Prepares course outlines & objectives according to state and local curriculum guidelines.
· Develops and administers assessments.
· Maintains student attendance and achievement records.
· Evaluates student progress and takes responsibility for student achievement.
· Maintains discipline in the classroom, along with a safe, encouraging, student-centered learning environment.
2. Implements and promotes differentiated instruction, so that ELLs in the school are able to access the curriculum in order to pass classes toward graduation progress.
3. Where applicable, works with content teachers and provides support for ELL students in various clustered content settings for part of the day.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution.
2. Certified by the state of Missouri.
3. Pass Criminal Background Check.
4. Committed to working with under-served students.
5. Highly Qualified Status or plan on achieving a highly qualified status: this status requires a bachelor’s degree, the appropriate certification for the course/grade level they are teaching, and documentation of content expertise in the area they are teaching.
Compensation: Salary is based on years of experience and degree of education.
• Niangua R-V | 'Preschool Paraprofessional' | 'Early Childhood (B-3)'
-- (posted 10/9/2014)
The Niangua R-V School District is taking applications for two (2) preschool paraprofessional positions. These positions will begin on November 3, 2014. Interested applicants must have 60 college hours and demonstrate excellent student and teacher interpersonal skills. Interested applicants should send letter of interest, resume, and district application to T.J. Bransfield, Superintendent, Niangua R-V Schools, 301 Rumsey Street, Niangua, MO, 65713. Applications may be found on the district website at www.nianguaschools.com. Information can also be sent via email to email@example.com. Application deadline is Wednesday, October 22, 2014.
• Niangua R-V | 'PreSchool Teacher' | 'Early Childhood (B-3)'
-- (posted 10/9/2014)
The Niangua R-V School District is seeking qualified applicants for a preschool teacher. Contract will begin on November 3, 2014.Applicants must have early childhood certification and be willing to attend training events in order to develop the program under the requirements and conditions of the Missouri Preschool Program (MPP). Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, resume, district application, evidence of certification and other relevant information to T.J. Bransfield, Superintendent, Niangua R-V Schools, 301 Rumsey Street, Niangua, MO, 65713. Applications may be accessed at www.nianguaschools.com. Information can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is Wednesday, October 22, 2014.
• Diamond R-IV | 'Kindergarten Teacher' | 'Elementary'
-- (revised 9/12/2014)
To help students learn subject matter and/or skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations will be made, if necessary, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to emphasize reading, writing, and math skills at expected grade level.
Ability to use technology to support learning
Ability to deliver instruction in reasoning and problem solving in all content areas.
Knowledge of the Missouri Learning Standards for Kindergarten grade level curriculum.
Ability to diversify instructional strategies for students to gain the skills and concepts necessary in a Kindergarten grade classroom.
Knowledge of visual representation models used in a communication and mathematics classroom.
Commitment to prepare students to be productive in our globally diverse society.
Knowledge and implementation history of Response to Intervention (RtI) model.
Experience with assessments both locally developed and state mandated.
Commitment to District Level Curriculum
Background and knowledge regarding the 5 components of reading and effective literacy implementation.
Experience with a learning center classroom and differentiated instructional designs.
Encourages student to set goals and expectations
Engages students in learning
Applies motivational and behavioral management strategies
Understands and uses formal and informal assessment strategies to assess the learner’s progress.
Monitor the performance of each student and devise instruction which will enable each student to continuously grow/develop intellectually, socially, and physically.
Be a reflective practitioner who continually assesses he effects of choices and actions on others.
Actively seeks out opportunities to grow professionally and utilizes the assessment and professional growth to increase learning for students.
Has effective rapport with students, parents, school colleagues, and community members.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift
• Verona R-VII | 'Paraprofessional' | 'Elementary'
-- (posted 9/2/2014)
The Verona R-VII School district is looking for a paraprofessional for the rest of the 2014-2015 school year. This position is for the elementary side of our building, and would assist in RtI, core subjects, and various other duties. Applicants must have 60 college hours or the Para Pro Praxis, exhibit professionalism, demonstrate excellent student and teacher interpersonal skills, and maintain superb attendance. Board paid insurance after 90 days of employment. Would like to fill the position by September 15, 2014.
• Wheaton R-III | 'Elementary Teacher' | 'Elementary Education (1-6)'
-- (revised 10/29/2014)
The Wheaton R-III School District is seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual that will bring rigor and relevance to the classroom for the elementary position of grades 1-6. Wheaton is a forward thinking district that values quality team players. If you would like to join the Wheaton team, please email your resume to Theresa Day @ email@example.com
Use the form below to specify criteria for your search.